Thursday, February 18, 2010

queen. visqueen.

for the last few months i have really been into female musicians. like. a. lot.
if it's doesn't have a girl vocal, i probably won't like it.
okay, that's not completely true.
but maybe i do have a slight feminist bias...
here's a list of my current/ past obsessions:

the yeah yeah yeahs
la roux
ladyhawke
nico vega
she and him (obviously)
metric
the gossip
santigold
lily allen
m.i.a. (her new album is out this summer...perfect. timing.)
and my all time fav......taylor swift. NOT.

while getting ready earlier today to meet beth, kate, and taryn at red cup for breakfast (coffee cake and a vanilla latte. YUM), i discovered this song on my kexp playlist and it made my morning.

visqueen- ward

my new favorite song. at least for today.
i swear rachel flotard and neko case are the same person.

apprécier.